Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!




What a fun Thanksgiving we had! I have to be honest when I say that I was not really looking forward to my first Thanksgiving away from home. I thought it would be okay, but that I would wish we were home the whole time. Well, it would have been fun to be home, but it was also really fun here. We started off the day playing football with some people in our ward. I don't know if our team won or not, but I am proud to say that I made a touchdown! I have never made one before, so that was exciting! It was really fun to watch all the couples trying to juggle our babies while playing football at the same time. We did a few trick plays with them by passing the baby and then catching the football to go in for a touchdown! All three of the babies are great football players!
We then went to the Owen's home along with a few other couples in the ward to eat a delicious Thanksgiving meal! While we ate and hung out for a while, Kaleigh was busy kissing Carson. I would say we are in trouble with this little girl, but it was Trevan that is teaching her this habit. So, which one of them is suppose to get in trouble?
We are very THANKFUL this Thanksgiving to have such an amazing ward out here in Baltimore. They have made us feel so welcome, and we have such a fun time with them anytime we can get together. It is so nice to have a family away from home! It is nice that they made it possible for us to end our Thanksgiving holiday with a sore body, and a full belly!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that group picture turned out great! I'm so glad you guys could come over. It was so much fun!

Danielle said...

Hey, I just found your blog and wanted to say hi! I'm glad you had your camera all Thanksgiving day- hope you don't mind if I steal some pictures.

Shalie said...

Looks like you guys had a fun holiday. Oh and Happy belated birthday! I think I remember we have the same birthday!

Rick and Collette said...

I'm glad you had a good thanksgiving. Thank goodness for the church so that we can make friends when we are away from family. It looks like you guys had a fun time.

Shalie said...

Hey there! To be added to my blog, just send me an e-mail shayhutch@yahoo.com, with your e-mail and then you will get an invite to it! Thanks!

The Child Family said...

that is so great that you have such great people in your ward. Sometimes I think the whole "ward family" thing gets looked over in Utah, because everyone is LDS, and most people have their families nearby. Congrats on scoring your first touchdown!!!!

Eliason 5 said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun day ! We sure missed you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had so much fun on Thanksgiving. It was fun talking to you last night. I can't wait for you to come out here for Christmas. I'm going through serious Megan withdrawls!